How to protect the good name of your business from any damaging activities as like a rip off reports, social media attacks, bad forum posting or any kinds of negative search results? To protect this embarrassing situation you have to have the full control over your online search results. It is a very important issue for you and your business. Though it is not an easy job at all; it is a daunting and difficult task. You can resolve it by employing a good reputation management company who has time-tested expertise in preserving and protecting your online reputation.
Online reputation management companies are of different types with different services. You have to decide what types of service do you want and select the desired company accordingly. What do want? Do you need only to monitor what is going on about your business? What is the timing of monitoring? Is it non-stop monitoring – for 24 hours throughout the year or only for regular business hours? To alleviate the present business position some companies offer customized service plan or some standard package. Are you interested in that offers?
How to determine the actual company that best suits your needs from multiple companies? The primary task is to go through the background and portfolio of the companies. How strong is their background? What did the previous customers say in their remarks? Who are their present customers? You can study and realize the actual position of the company from trustworthy review sites (like Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List) social media sites (like Facebook and Twitter) or relevant forum sites.
A trustworthy online reputation management company helps to protect your site from attacks and bad press, builds diverse resources to stand over in the search results of major search engines with positive information, uses innovative and tested methods to provide assurance for the best results in the reputation business. A good reputation management company never exaggerates about its performance, always preaches what it practices and able to make online presence successful.
What are the main tasks of online reputation management? According to experts following steps should be taken from a good reputation management company:
- “Identify stakeholders (customers, ex-employee, press, industry opinion leaders, competitors, grudgers).
- Conduct a reputation audit - cover search, social networking, portals, video, press, opinion and complain sites.
- Improve your online assets - you must own a minimum of 100 web pages linked to your or your company or product or product category name.
- Define goals and create a strategy - address customer issues, contact websites for removal, develop new content.
- Implement plan of action - dedicate a team with predefined yet flexible steps.
- Monitor online reputation - set up auto alerts and scan internet regularly. Categorize all postings into good and bad.
- Repair and strengthen - Focus on the addresses of complaints/negative posts and strengthening of web assets. Use web assets as a lead generation source to pay for online reputation management.”
Above all a good online reputation company should be assembled with online reputation thought leaders with competent team of engineers, PR experts, and journalists, and have the technology that allows to monitor, manage, and protect your brand-name in Google, Yahoo, and Bing ; enable you to gain control over online reputation.”